Gratitude by Threes...

For the next five days I have been challenged by my sister, Sheila May, to give, each day, 3 reasons I am grateful...

This morning when I rose I saw this right off of deck no. 1 ...


And just before sitting down at my desk tonight I saw this looking to the left off deck no. 2....


So there are two good reasons to be thankful and my third reason, for which I am totally thankful, is a book given to me by our classmate, Geri Sulzle Kennedy, when we were in Alberta in June.

The title of the book is "Goodbye, Diabetes" by Dr. Wes Youngberg. I had difficulty getting into the book, probably still in denial of sorts over Sherwin's diagnosis but after I finished two other books beside my bed, this was the next one my hand picked up.

It is easy to read for lay people, explaining the intricacies of diabetes and all the information we need in our zeal to reverse this disease. We have learned a lot in the last 3 weeks in this book. You will hear more when I am completely finished the book.

It was easy to come up with three reasons to be grateful. 

"Sometimes life knocks you on your ass... 
get up, get up, get up!! 
Happiness is not the absence of problems, 
it's the ability to deal with them."
- Steve Maraboli


Comments

  1. What a good capture of the evening with the moon... God's thumbnail. Love the colour of the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts