Saturday, August 16, 2014

I Did It!!


For a couple years now I have not been able to walk as much as I used to but since my husband wishes to do the West Coast Trail next summer I told him he would have to train, train, train.

And what is good for him must be good for me too. But only the training... I am not doing the trail. 

We left home right after 11 this morning, drove to the bottom of the hill and walked for 2 hours and 45 minutes...  anyone who has been here will know why we drove to the bottom of the hill. After you have walked 11+ km. hiking another 1 km. straight up is not pleasant.


I am so pleased to be able to walk again... I am home and not in pain so am over-the-moon happy!


Two happy hikers!

Not recommending this for everyone... just do what you can, when you can.

And above all, be well.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your encouragement. Shelby says we will need to do an overnight hike as a dry run... so that will be interesting. There is no Oak Bay Beach hotels along the trai.

    ReplyDelete