Museum Hopping . . .

Two weeks ago, Sherwin and I joined the Photo Club from Del Webb on a day trip into town to the University of Arizona to see The Center for Creative Photography, followed by a walk across the street to their Museum of Art.

The Charles Harbutt Black & White Show in the Photography Center was very inspirational. His photos were not what I would call 'technically perfect' but each one told a great story.


Sherwin enjoyed some sit-down time...


Thinking of making a photo book? The above advice seems helpful . . .


Linda and Gary enjoyed the displays in the lobby too...


After I left that first show I wanted all my photos to be black and white...


I am sure there is a 'Charles Harbutt book' in me...


The walk to the Museum of Art was dotted with sculptures of interest...


Came upon this lady looking up...


So I had to look up too...


Nice little museum...


With lots of cool pieces... You know me, I love all manner of art. Here in the Museum of Art is an Ansel Adams exhibition on display all the time. Since it is photos we are not allowed to shoot them. These paintings in my blog could only be shot with existing light, no flash. All mine were shot with my iPhone.



From Chagall to Georgia O'Keefe...




So many, just pleasant pictures...


Happy and cheerful...


Even Joan Miro was there...


This is one of my favourites...


And at the end of the morning, before we set off for lunch, we stood as a group and took our photo in the mirrored entrance wall. You can always pick out Sherwin with the cowboy hat and I am in front of him with my iPhone to my face.

We were very grateful for this 'outing'. (Sound like a senior, don't I? Talking about 'outings'.)

Thanks to Linda for arranging this for our group.

Wishing for you all interesting days and good people to rub shoulders with...

Be well and do stay in touch.






Comments

Popular Posts